One of the many perks for staying on Disney World property is the ability to book your FastPass+ 60 days in advance of your stay; whereas off-site guests have access to schedule 30-days in advance. If you are new to Disney World FastPass+ may be a forum term, simply put, it is a one-hour window of time that you get to by-pass the long lines and jump to the front of your favorite attraction.
The catch, you are limited to the number of advanced FastPass+ reservations you can select per day, which is a total of three. Upon your day in the park, once you have used up your three FastPass+ reservations you can select one at a time through My Disney Experience or the kiosks found within the parks.
Tips to selecting your FastPass+ Reservations:
- Schedule earlier in the day. Once you have used your three advanced passes you will be able to select a fourth; however, if your third FastPass+ is not available until the end of the day it will be a lot hard to grab a fourth.
- Pick your Favorite Attractions. Regardless if your favorite ride is not the most popular, select the rides that will meet your Disney expectations.
- Select at 7am. Upon your 60 or 30-days out window you will be able to schedule your passes starting at 7am, eastern. For the popular attractions, you will want to be on My Disney Experience to grab those popular spots.
- Tiered FastPass+. Epcot & Hollywood Studios and soon to be Animal Kingdom, have a tiered selection process to their attractions. This means you can only choose one from their group 1 attractions. Check out Mouse for Less for details on all rides.
*Please note some of the rides listed for Hollywood Studios from this link are no longer available. As your travel agent I can guide you through what is and is not available upon your time to travel.
Here are my top three picks for each park based on popularity = avoid the long lines and jump to the front of the line.
Magic Kingdom– this is a hard one as there are a ton of great rides to select from
- Pirate Pan’s Flight
- Any of the Coasters (Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain or Space Mountain)
- Haunted Mansion
- Soaring or Frozen Ever After (this is group 1 offering as noted above)
- Spaceship Earth
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
- Toy Story Mania or Rock n’ Roller Coaster (this is group 1 offering as noted above)
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-along
- Star Tours- The Adventures Continue
Animal Kingdom– after May 27, Pandora will be open I highly suggest you check out those rides, which will also be on a tiered system
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Rivers of Light
- Expedition Everest
So what attractions did I miss that you would grab a FastPass+ reservation for? Good luck planning!